IZOTOPE Inc has launched Ozone 9, one of the most highly acclaimed audio mastering plugins on the market today.
It launched with features such as Master Rebalance, which allows you to balance vocal levels without the need for the original stems, and vintage modules to colour the sound as needed.
- Ozone 9 Advanced ($499 MSRP)
- Ozone 9 Standard ($249 MSRP)
- Ozone 9 Elements ($129 MSRP)
- Also included in Music Production Suite 3 ($999 MSRP) and Tonal Balance Bundle ($699 MSRP)
The announcement said: “Ozone 9 brings balance to music with never-before-seen processing for the low end, new real-time instrument separation, and lightning-fast workflows powered by machine learning.
With features such as its expanded Master Assistant, creators can select the vibe they are looking for – from analogue character to transparent loudness for streaming.
Ozone 9’s Tonal Balance Control can now talk to more iZotope plug-ins in the session and plug-in performance is improved for faster work, smoother metering, and resizable windows, helping users get rid of any uncertainty on whether music is ready for release.
Master Rebalance gives Ozone 9 users the final say in a mix. Instrument levels can be corrected or changed without needing the original tracks.
For example, users can add presence to vocals without affecting the midrange, or eliminate muddy low end by slightly lowering the bass guitar. Weak-sounding drums can be corrected with one small boost that can save hours of EQ surgery.
Low-End Focus is the first line of defence against a muddy or blurry low end in a mix. Using Ozone 9’s new processing designed to enhance bass sounds, this feature brings clarity to a users’ low end and gives a well-defined foundation for each track.
Creators can also tame unruly or clashing kick drums and boomy bass guitars without changing overall impact and go in-depth with surgical controls that shape tone and timbre, bringing out the best in the low end – with minimal artefacts – using this industry-first bass shaping tool.
Ozone 9 Key Features
- Master Rebalance: Adjust the levels of vocals and other instruments in a stereo audio file, solve balance issues without needing the original stems.
- Low End Focus: Quickly adjust the contrast and definition of low frequencies and get a hard hitting master every time, without needing a complex plug-in chain.
- Improved Tonal Balance Control: Tonal Balance Control is improved with smoother metering, resizability, new target curves, and inter-plugin communication with Relay and Nectar for quick and easy gain control across the mixing and mastering stages.
- Expanded Master Assistant: Choose from a modern or vintage vibe, with loudness targets for CD and streaming. Get a great starting point every time, no matter the style, format, or genre.
- Match EQ module: Ozone 9 offers a brand new experience for Match EQ, with a better preset workflow, the ability to match from a reference track, and deeper controls that lets users match parts of the frequency spectrum.
- Vintage Modules: A colorful collection of Vintage modules add warmth, grit, and vibe to a creators music, now available as both modules and component plug-ins in Ozone 9 Standard.
- Updated UI/UX: Ozone 9 is faster and easier to use, with a modernized resizable interface, fluid metering, and an expanded module chain.
- Native Instruments NKS Support: NKS support puts Ozone directly into the creative production process. Easily access controls, presets and DSP from within an NKS supported environment, such as MASCHINE or a KOMPLETE KONTROL keyboard.
- Improved Performance: Experience faster performance and smoother workflows improved visualizations and fluid metering.
- Component plug-ins: Use any Ozone 9 Advanced module as a separate plug-in in a DAW, meaning users get more than 10 component module plugins.